[OS X TeX] Installing Asymptote

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Sep 10 14:12:44 CEST 2010

On Sep 10, 2010, at 8:04 AM, William Adams wrote:

> and manually running asy filename.asy on them creates the .pdf, so that's the process which isn't happening. Any idea why?

Well, I also tried asymptotemk.engine and it had similar problems:

Latexmk: This is Latexmk, John Collins, 23 July 2010, version: 4.18.
**** Report bugs etc to John Collins <collins at phys.psu.edu>. ****
Rule 'cusdep asy pdf Sample-2': File changes, etc:
   Non-existent destination files:
      'Sample-2.pdf'
------------
Run number 1 of rule 'cusdep asy pdf Sample-2'
------------
Latexmk: applying rule 'cusdep asy pdf Sample-2'...
For rule 'cusdep asy pdf Sample-2', running '&do_cusdep( asy2x )' ...
Latexmk: In running custom-dependency rule
  to make 'Sample-2.pdf' from 'Sample-2.asy'
  function 'asy2x' did not make the destination.
Collected error summary (may duplicate other messages):
  cusdep asy pdf Sample-2: Command for 'cusdep asy pdf Sample-2' gave return code -1
Latexmk: Use the -f option to force complete processing.
Latexmk: Errors, so I did not complete making targets

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer