[OS X TeX] Installing Add-On Package for CV

KHALID NADIRI khalid.nadiri at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 04:27:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

Complete newbie here.  I am an OS X 10.6.4 user and have downloaded and installed MacTex, including both TexShop and Tex Live Utility (among other applications).  I am trying to create a CV using Tex, and would like it to use one of the templates available on the web.  Many of these templates (e.g., see the templates located here: http://rpi.edu/dept/arc/training/latex/resumes/) require an add-on package named 'res.cls' , which I've been able to locate on www.ctan.org.  Can anyone walk me specifically through each step that I need to successfully install this package, keeping in mind that I am both new to Tex and to coding in general?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Best,

Khalid