[OS X TeX] OT: A favour --- formula names for beam deflection and movement of a dial?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Sep 7 15:40:28 CEST 2010

On Sep 5, 2010, at 10:17 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:

> ^                   ^ apply force or momentum here
> This end does not move

Sorry, guess some ASCII art would've helped:

The arrow shaft is laid down on 26" centers:

---------------------------------------
               o---O------------------>

on top of a lever, the small end of which is pushed down when a 2 lb. weight is laid upon the shaft.

I need to draw a scale which shows where the pointy end is when the rounded end is pushed down a certain amount:

                      /
                     /
                    /

If someone knows the names of the formulae involved in calculating how much the large pointy end moves based on the small rounded end being pushed down, I'd be very grateful.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer