[OS X TeX] texmf-structure in ~/Library

Ulrich Groh ugroh at mac.com
Sat Sep 4 11:05:34 CEST 2010

What is the correct structure of the texmf-subdirectory? Is there a "Users Guide" available? The problem cam up as I tried to install some fonts. I put the tfm-files and the mf-files into texmf/fonts/foo (for the tfm files) and texmf/source/fonts/foo (for the mf-files). But running pdflatex out of texshop the program failed to find the files. If I install everything in the subdirectory where the source tex-file is located, everything went well.

Thanks in advance.

Ulrich