[OS X TeX] Selecting Textual Part of a Line wo Carriage Return

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 1 13:56:26 CEST 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 5:35 PM, <cfrees at imapmail.org> <cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:

> On Tue 3rd Aug, 2010 at 17:25, Herbert Schulz seems to have written:
>

>> On Aug 3, 2010, at 5:16 PM, <cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon 2nd Aug, 2010 at 17:45, Herbert Schulz seems to have written:

>>> Neither work here. Triple click just selects and unselects a word
>>> rapidly. Option triple click does the same.
>>>
>>> If the files you are copying from and to are plain text and if there is
>>> any sort of pattern to the names of the files you're copying to, it
>>> would be much easier and probably more accurate to just script it,
>>> wouldn't it?
>>>
>>> - cfr
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> What version of TeXShop? What version of OS X? What localization (it may be different for different localizations)?
>>
> 2.36. 10.4.11 PPC. Localisation of TS: English. (OS localisation is a
> bit more complex Welsh > UK English > English in order of preference.
> Basically English.)
>
> I always find the easiest way to do this is <move to start of line>,
> ctrl-k, ctrl-y, <move to paste point> ctrl-y. This *does* work!
>
> Thanks,
> cfr

Howdy,

I remembered the (K)ill command, Ctl-K, but forgot the (Y)ank command, Ctl-Y, was also active in the TextView framework. If you like to use such `emacsian' commands there are others that aren't bound to the keyboard by default but can be bound; even multi-keystroke commands. You can get more information as well as a sample by downloading KeyBindings.zip from <http://homepage.mca.com/herbs2>.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)