[OS X TeX] using \cleardoublepage

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 28 01:19:56 CEST 2010

On Oct 27, 2010, at 6:14 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:

> After reading your reference below, I moved the .sty file from
>
> 	~/Library/texmf/tex/latex into ~/Library/texmf/tex
>
> and a following typeset was successful. So I guess that TeX is the one looking for the .sty file. I moved it back into ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex since TeX will find it in either location --- apparently. Neat!

Howdy,

I belive that when TeX searches for a package used with LaTeX it will first look through the .../tex/latex/ directories and then in the .../tex/ directories. So, if you put a special version of the package in ~/Library/texmf/tex/ and the original file exists in another tree in the .../tex/latex/ directory that one will be found first.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)