[OS X TeX] Change of paper size with TL2010?

Antonio Cosma acosma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 17:18:39 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 07.10.2010 um 19:51 schrieb Antonio Cosma:
>

>  Package hyperref Warning: Option `a4paper' is no longer used (line 276 in
>> my
>> log file).
>> ***
>> It seems that hyperref is overruling the a4paper option
>>

> No. It definitely does not. (Before, on the quiet, it indeed wrote the
> paper size into the PDF output, but *this* exactly is *not* the mission of
> the hyperref package.) Maybe prosper is doing something which was overruled
> by hyperref before.
>
> There are some obstinate things in LaTeX with the paper size (remember: TeX
> and the Lamport macros were written to create output on proprietary formats
> like "letter", "ledger", etc.). It's not enough to set it in tlmgr, you
> better either
>
> • specify the paper size when loading the class
> • load geometry which takes the default size from
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/geometry/geometry.cfg (contents:
> \ExecuteOptions{a4paper})
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete
>
> Well begun is half done.
>                        – Optimist.
> Half done is well begun.
>                        – Realist.
> Half begun is well done.
>                        – Australian.

Dear all

Francis Tibayungwa found the solution but could not post it on the list, so
I try just in case somebody runs into the same problem. I followed his
instructions except:
- instead of changing the original prosper.cls, I copied it in
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/prosper/prosper.cls and made the changes there;
- In my case commenting out "\renewcommand{\slideleftmargin}{0.01in}" was
not needed.

Thanks to Pete for suggesting another solution

**********************************
begins Francis's message
**********************************

Hi,
I saw your post on TeX on Mac OS X, tried to post my response but failed.
here it is.
Search prosper.cls for the following code:
\RequirePackage[\@pdf at driver,bookmarks,%
             a4paper,%
%                pdfmenubar=false,%
              pdfhighlight=/I,%
%                pdftoolbar=false,%
              pdffitwindow=true,%
              pdfcenterwindow=true,%
%                pdfwindowui=false,%
              menucolor=menucolor,%
%                pdfview=Fit,%
              pdfstartview=Fit]{hyperref}
\rotateheaderstrue
\slidewidth=222mm
\slideheight=150mm
\renewcommand{\slideleftmargin}{0.01in}
Comment out  "a4paper", the warning message goes away.
To center your pdf output, replace "222mm" with 202.5mm (or just play with
the figures till you get what you want) and comment out
"\renewcommand{\slideleftmargin}{0.01in}".
To use a4paper, add "-t a4" as an argument to DviPs.

Good luck!