[OS X TeX] Announce: TeXShop Tips & Tricks.

Thu Oct 7 15:24:29 CEST 2010

On 07.10.2010, at 14:56, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2010, at 7:49 AM, Alex Hamann wrote:
>

>> On 07.10.2010, at 14:16, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> I've just released an initial version of ``TeXShop Tips & Tricks'' which is small introduction to some of the fancier things that are available in TeXShop for making your life as an author a bit easier. I'd really like comments about what is there, what needs re-writing, what needs to be added, etc.
>>>
>>> You can get ``TeXShop Tips & Tricks'' as TeXShopTips.pdf.zip at <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>.
>>>
>>> Good Luck,
>>>
>>> Herb Schulz
>>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>>>

>> Nice job. Should get a link from the TeXShop website.
>
> Howdy,
>
> Careful... initial impressions may not pan out after more careful perusal. :-)
>
> Now the hard question... did you find out something you didn't know before but you might find useful?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

The answer would have to be a yes with qualification: I do use TeXShop for small and short pieces only (letters, etc). Heavy stuff is edited in Aquamacs. Therefore I never made attempts to dig really deep below the more superficially available commands. To answer you question: I was not aware of the Matrix Panel. Also, some details regarding completion were new to me.

Cheers,
Alex