[OS X TeX] Query about package installation (TeX Live Utility)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Oct 3 23:58:54 CEST 2010

Am 03.10.2010 um 23:44 schrieb Rob Hunt:

>> Maybe a
>>
>> 	sudo ln uOrnementsADF.fd UOrnementsADF.fd
>>
>> which creates *one* file with *two* names would allow them to
>> finish their work (cp would produce two files with one contents).
>

> ...however, on my system this does not work as - annoyingly - it
> considers UOrnementsADF.fd to exist already (as uOrnementsADF.fd -
> i.e., it does not respect case any more) when I try to create the
> link.

Default behaviour of a default HFS+ that makes no difference between u
and U – I am using HFSX, the variant that make the difference. (Only
upon re-installation of Mac OS X.) I should have thought of it!

The "case preserving" case of HFS+ is: when you want U and only u is
there, you get nothing. If you want u and U is there, you get nothing
again. I wonder why the MS file system don't show this behaviour.
Because Bill Gates is share holder of Apple, Inc.?

--
Greetings

   Pete

No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a
ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with
timetables.
				– Archie Goodwin