[OS X TeX] Inserting a few words in "non-latin-character" languages

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:52:55 CEST 2010

On Oct 3, 2010, at 2:58 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 03.10.2010 um 19:17 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> As single, isolated example in the magnum opus, I would like to
>> give translations of the word table in a few "exotic" languages.
>

> I think you better do not use babel and language switching, or
> polyglossia – just use XeLaTeX! (I think you do not have LuaLaTeX
> yet...)
>
> With pdfTeX you will have one problem:

[...]

I feared I would and since I only want just one word in each of half
a dozen languages, I was just checking in case somebody had one of
these clever solutions I would never dream of in a thousand years. As
for XeLaTeX, this is the magnum opus and I fear how that would work
on the hundreds of pages I already have.

So, I am "just" going to have to figure out a way to copy-paste them
from somewhere into Intaglio, make cropped pdf's and \includegraphics
them.

Not too mournful regards
--schremmer