[OS X TeX] Who is using biblatex?

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Nov 30 03:56:26 CET 2010

Hi Alan

On 30/11/2010, at 3:46 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

> Hi, I've been gradually moving to biblatex over the past couple of
> years.  I haven't found any direct incompatibilities with bib files,
> but my needs are pretty pedestrian, so maybe there are weird
> reference types that I'm unaware of.  Biblatex does add a bunch of
> fields, but the standard ones are all there, so I think you only
> need to add new field types on an as-needed basis.
>
> Have you tried taking an existing document and just using biblatex-
> apa to do the references?
>
> Alan
>
> --
> Alan Munn
> amunn at gmx.com

That is the general impression I am getting and that moving possibly
provides greater advantages in the long term.

I am actually looking at a specific document that includes sound and
motion picture references which are not handled well by bibtex styles.
It is these that have prompted me to look at biblatex.

Alan

(Can't have too many more Alan's, could start to get confusing!)