[OS X TeX] theorem names

Red Roo redrooz at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 06:45:05 CET 2010

----- Original Message ----

The follow appears to produce the desired result in my book MS:

\usepackage{amsmath,amsfonts,amssymb}
\begin{theorem}[Universal Scalability Law]
The universal scalability law (\ref{eqn:urepman}) is equivalent to the
synchronous bound on the relative throughput (speedup) of a
load-dependent machine-repairman queueing model with a
service time that is a linear function of the $p$ active processors.
\end{theorem}

The only proviso is that I'm using Springer's book style, so I can't guarantee
it.