[OS X TeX] dvips problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 8 17:55:31 CET 2010

Am 08.11.2010 um 15:08 schrieb <lycee.condorcet at voila.fr> <lycee.condorcet at voila.fr
 >:

> I've made a little test. I join the result and the different files
> to this mail.

Yes, it's obvious, that your version of dvips from MacTeX 2010
produces a faulty PS file with only one included EPS file and the
other two with just reserved space. Ghostscript 8.71 and Ghostscript
9.0 show this, and also Apple's /usr/bin/pstopdf produces an exact
(faulty) PDF copy of your PS file.

When I use my old dvips from a TeX Live 2010 test release it produces
the correct output from your DVI and other files in your ZIP archive.

Can you write all which Apple hardware you are using with which
version of Snow Leopard? And are you using the 64 bit or the 32 bit
binaries from MacTeX?

You might save some time and work using on the command line

	 simpdftex latex --maxpfb --mode dvips --keep-psfile essai.tex

to produce DVI, PS, and PDF files at once (the latter two presumingly
defective). By adding "--debug" to the list of options simpdftex will
output some text while it is converting the TeX source file.

I added Richard Koch to the list of recipients because he is the
builder of MacTeX and its binaries.

--
Greetings

   Pete