[OS X TeX] Accented characters in Xe(La)TeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon May 31 14:33:40 CEST 2010

On May 30, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> So you seem to have a "garbled font cache" – possible cures: clean the font cache with utilities (you certainly remember from the time when pdfTeX had this nasty bug) and then reboot, or do a safe reboot (or such) and then a normal reboot, or install AppleJack and you can clean the caches, or fix the file systems, before booting into multi-user mode after a shutdown.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

One side note: As far as I know there is no AppleJack for Snow Leopard. I'd love to find out different since this a handy utility to use in Single User Mode to fix all sorts of things. Maybe the work done by doing a Safe Boot now does the same thing in Snow Leopard?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)