[OS X TeX] Looking for hebrew LaTeX fonts

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat May 29 13:08:04 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 6:31 AM, André Bellaïche
<abellaic at math.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to type a few lines in hebrew using
>
> \usepackage[french,hebrew]{babel}
> \usepackage{hebcal}
>
> as shown in The LaTeX Companion (2nd French edition).
>
> But I get the following error message
>
> ! Font LHE/cmr/m/n/10=jerus10 at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
>
> before pdftex any attempt to read the text file. I use TeXLive 2008, which contains only two copies of jerus.htf but no fonts.
>
> Some research with Google shows that many people have tried to found the jerus font, but nobody has succeeded.
>
> Any help would be welcome
>
> André Bellaïche

The same with TL2009 and TL2010 prerelease.

http://dir.filewatcher.com/d/TeX-CTAN/language/hebrew/hebtex/unix/new/hebfonts.tar.gz.308893.html

One can really find them on some CTAN mirrors but on CTAN itself they
seem to be renamed

PS: Note to the original poster: such queries belong to texlive mailing list

Victor