[OS X TeX] beamer handout and eso-pic

Christian Pleul chrisptex at googlemail.com
Sat May 29 12:27:28 CEST 2010

Am 27.05.2010 um 12:12 schrieb Luis Sequeira:

>> Hi list,
>>
>> With the following example the placed text is "something" in the background (used viewer search to find it). Is there a way to get in the foreground?
>>
>> ---
>> \documentclass[handout]{beamer}
>> \usepackage{eso-pic}
>>
>> \begin{document}
>> \begin{frame}
>>   \AddToShipoutPicture*{\put(100,100){some text}}
>> \end{frame}
>> \end{document}
>
> I'm not a user of beamer myself (I use powerdot), but if I understand correctly, what you are looking for should be easily achieved by using beamer's own \logo command.
> I found it out right from within TeXShop, using the wonderful Help->Show Help for Package… menu command :-)
>

> Here is a quick example:
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \logo{\put(-200,100)){\rotatebox{45}{\Huge \textcolor{lightgray}{DRAFT}}}}
>
> \begin{frame}
>     Some stuff stuff stuff ….
> \end{frame}
> \end{document}

Thanks, but I just used a small hack of eso-pic within the preamble, which was suggested to me as follows:

\let\AtBeginShipoutUpperLeft\AtBeginShipoutUpperLeftForeground

Best
--
	Christian

-I'm the only person I know that's lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year.... It's very character-building.-

Steve Jobs, 2004