[OS X TeX] From OzTeX to TeXShop

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri May 28 18:10:52 CEST 2010

Am 28.05.2010 um 17:34 schrieb Josep Maria Font:

> (a) Reasons why one should prefer TeXShop to OzTeX nowadays [my
> reason: I would be able to give her advice on installation problems,
> etc.]

It uses an up-to-date TeX distribution, has pdfTeX, micro-typography,
and XeTeX, i.e., direct PDF creation. It's supported. For free, both
acquisition and support. And it's not Classic. Which, I think, is not
supported on modern intel hardware. No need to find, fetch, and
install particular packages, in TeX Live even some batteries (very
good fonts, ADF Venturis) are included. Update management!! Hundreds
of knowledgeable members on mailing lists without ads for a
particularly male public.

> (b) Special operations one has to perform and special problems one
> has to care about when switching from OzTeX to TeXShop (personal
> files, fonts, configurations, etc.).

Keeping it for a while on disk in order to being able to copy this or
that file.

> (c) Main working differences one will have to learn and become used
> to.

No droplets. Suffering from instead of dancing the time-warp.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Let's face it; we don't want a free market economy either.
		– James Farley, president, Coca-Cola Export Corp., 1959