[OS X TeX] From OzTeX to TeXShop

Josep Maria Font jmfont at ub.edu
Fri May 28 17:34:41 CEST 2010

A colleague seems likely to switch from OzTeX to TeXShop, but I would need some help in (a) convincing her to make the final decision, and (b) guiding her through the switching process. I have never used OzTeX myself, but it seems it does not use the same file structure and so on, and in particular does not store personal files and fonts in the same way as TeXShop or TeXLive do. Thus, I will be grateful to the list if someone can give me advice in these three points:

(a) Reasons why one should prefer TeXShop to OzTeX nowadays [my reason: I would be able to give her advice on installation problems, etc.]

(b) Special operations one has to perform and special problems one has to care about when switching from OzTeX to TeXShop (personal files, fonts, configurations, etc.).

(c) Main working differences one will have to learn and become used to.

Thanks in advance,

JMaF