[OS X TeX] Re: Help for Windows users of MacTex files?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri May 28 07:13:03 CEST 2010

On May 27, 2010, at 10:44 PM, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:

> Aloha Alain,
>
> Glad to hear that you have not jumped ship to the Windows world,
> its nice to
> have you around. We will have to cancel the farewell party (or find
> another
> excuse to party).

By all means, let's find another excuse.

> I understood that you wanted recommendations for others, not
> yourself. That
> is why I suggested multi-platform stuff, so that way you can help
> them as
> much as possible without having to deal with a different operating
> system
> than the one we are accustomed to.

Well, what I want is indeed for others but, Mac or no-Mac, I sure do
not want to go beyond telling them:

a) Do this and that to get a LaTeX installation for your OS. (And
then you can forget about it.)
b) Use the Assessing Document(*) Maker to get a pdf of the assessing
document you want (It will do whatever it has to do to produce the
pdf entirely behind your back(**))

In other words, I do not intend to bend over backwards.

(*) I have yet to find a less terrible name for something that can be
a homework, a quiz or an exam.
(**) I would even like to try for the FrontEnd to open the control
file without displaying it and the previous pdf if any!

Regards
--schremmer