[OS X TeX] Help for Windows users of MacTex files?

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at gmail.com
Thu May 27 21:40:34 CEST 2010

On May 27, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On May 27, 2010, at 8:27 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>
>> Ok, so you are really looking for a GUI that can run on Windows.  I don't know how to do that. The only suggestion I have is to hire an industrious undergraduate intern and let him/her figure it.
>
> Unfortunately, I teach in a Community College.

How about 25% bonus towards the final grade for the first student who will figure it?

> But all this OP wanted is to be pointed at a forum or list that would be likely to give me the information I would need. For instance, I don't even know what is the TeXShop of the Windows world, let alone of the Linux world. Then of course, I would need to figure out how it is being used etc and I certainly would need help there.

I don't think you need to know anything about the latex editor in windows or linux. What you need is an executable file that creates a latex file according to the switches in the Assessment Document Maker and then compiles it.  But of course I am not helping here because I really don't know how to do any of this...

Themis