[OS X TeX] xelatex fontmap error

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu May 27 19:32:01 CEST 2010

Am 27.05.2010 um 17:11 schrieb Dr. Clea F. Rees:

> 8r-raw-uagd8a URWGothicL-Demi 4 < uagd8a.pfb 8r.enc

This is a very strange entry: how can 8r be raw? The actual fault is
the 4. None of my MAP file fragments has this line.

> Does anyone else see this or know how to solve it?

Check /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/avantgar/
uag.map! uagd is the URW clone of AvantGarde-Demi. You can disable
exactly this font, you can also switch to the real (Adobe) PostScript
fonts.
And of course you can rename the faulty MAP file fragment and update
TeX Live 2009 for a last time (pre-test of TL 2010 has started
obviously). But I don't know whether tlmgr can detect the "missing"
file and start updating the whole package. If you correct the MAP file
fragment manually you'll need to recreate the MAP files by disabling
and re-enabling *some* MAP file fragment.

Consider to try a personal set of MAP files from updmap in
~/.texlive2009 without uag.map or with Adobe PS fonts instead of the
URW clones.

--
Greetings

   Pete