[OS X TeX] texshop and preview

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sun May 23 04:31:37 CEST 2010

Folks,

I couldn't stay away from this problem after my initial curt reply.

I just tried the example code, using TeXShop 2.33 on Snow Leopard.
What I see in TeXShop is a circle cut off slightly at the top, so we can see only
half of the thickness of the line there, but with a little space to the left AND right
AND bottom. I don't see a problem with the right hand edge.

HOWEVER, when I look at the resulting pdf in Preview, then the circle is cut off
both at the top, and also at the right side.

This gave me a certain amount of pleasure since the result is the opposite of
Ross' experience on system 10.4.11

I'm virtually certain that Preview uses the same PDFKit code used by TeXShop.
I don't know why the latest Preview cuts the circle off at the right. But I bet the
cut at the top is due to PDFKit rather than, say, to TeXShop's notion of
a bounding box for the pdf. Eventually I'll look into this.

If I look at the result in Adobe Reader, the top is not cut off.

Dick Koch