[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Spaces

Adam M. Goldstein z_californianus-dated-1274818333.fa6433 at shiftingbalance.org
Thu May 20 22:12:07 CEST 2010

One oddity that I have come across is that if I am using an application in a space that's not the one that application is assigned to, and I want to open a document in that application, the open dialogue appears in the space the app is assigned to. It took me a long time to figure that out and drove me crazy for a while.

On May 20, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Alan T Litchfield wrote:

> Ahh yes. Of course.
>
> There are relatively few applications that behave 'correctly' with spaces.
>
> Alan
>
> On 21/05/2010, at 8:00 AM, Alan Munn wrote:
>

>> On May 20, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Alan T Litchfield wrote:
>>
>>> Go to System Preferences > Expose & Spaces .
>>>
>>> Add TeXShop to Application Assignments, which ever space is preferred.
>>
>> Unfortunately, that doesn't do what Victor asked for.  The neat thing about spaces is that you can distribute windows from a single application among the spaces.  The problem is that when you do this, the console/preview of a file in one space shows up in another space. It seems to me that this is potentially a TeXShop problem, in that it's not completely Spaces aware.
>>
>> Your solution just forces all TeXShop windows to be in a single space, which might be useful for some things, but sort of defeats the purpose of spaces itself.
>>
>> Alan

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
z_californianus at shiftingbalance.org