[OS X TeX] LaTeX on the iPad using TeXShop Engines

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 20 17:32:49 CEST 2010

On May 20, 2010, at 9:45 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 19, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>

>>> Now... if I only had an iPad...
>>>

>> You're not alone. Congress feels the same way...
>>
>> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/37518.html
>>
>> Themis
>

> POTUS does not approve iPods and iPads, Xboxes and Playstations - only
> some kind of berries are allowed :-)
>

> http://gizmodo.com/5534659/obama-ipods-ipads-xboxes-and-playstations-turn-information-into-distraction

Howdy,

He may have a good point.

This goes back many years (it shows how old I am!) but I had a discussion with a colleague when pocket calculators first came out (LED display and all----I wished I could afford an HP-48 but my colleague and I put our money together and shared a TI SL-10) about their use in Elementary and High Schools. He claimed that it will make learning math much easier while I believed that it would be used as a substitute for knowledge and understanding and hamper the learning of math. I'll leave it up to you folks to decide for yourself which one of us was correct.

I also remember the headaches I got when first surfing the WEB following interesting links until I had no idea how I got where I was and never did find the information that originally started the search.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)