[OS X TeX] Creating a new math character

Lantz Susan lantzs at trine.edu
Tue May 18 08:29:29 CEST 2010

I need to create (or find a way to be able to type) a character that looks like a V with a horizontal line through it that can be used in math mode. Is there a way to do that?

I have, in the past (in plain TeX), created a math operator that goes under a character, but modifying the two commands that create that operator results in the horizontal line under the V, no matter how much I raise or lower the bar.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Susan Lantz

Susan A. Lantz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Chair
Wade Dept. of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Trine University
Angola, IN 46703
260.665.4229
lantzs at trine.edu