[OS X TeX] Installing new fonts/TexLive error

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Mar 24 03:24:20 CET 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Lucy Buykx wrote:

> Thanks Dave. I've tried that but it doesn't work .
>
> <Screen shot 2010-03-23 at 19.16.05.png>

Sorry for the trouble you're having with this.

That error typically means that you have a physical network problem or that the host is down.  Do you use a proxy to connect to the internet?  Can you visit http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet in a web browser?

Since you were able to connect to ftp.tex.ac.uk, I'm not really sure what's going on.  I'd recommend trying again, but I suggest choosing mirror.ctan.org from the drop-down list in TLU's preferences.  If it still fails, please note the log output at the bottom of TLU's main window, since it should give more details.

--
Adam