[OS X TeX] Why this .ps file can not be viewed?

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Mon Mar 15 22:49:56 CET 2010

On 03/15/10 14:29, "Gary L. Gray" <gray at engr.psu.edu> wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2010, at 5:25 PM, Ross Moore wrote:
>
>> what makes you think that it is sensible to include an image which
>> you know is bad, within an email message ?
>> You should place it on a website and post the URL to it.
>>
>> This way anyone who is interested in trying to help you can get it,
>> with all safety measures in place. Furthermore, you do not interfere
>> with the email software of those who have no interest at all.
>>
>> If this situation is not already covered by the "etiquette" rules,
>> as linked-to below, then it certainly should be.
>
> I will add something regarding attachments (especially those of questionable
> nature), though I fear no one actually reads it.

I think you're right :).  How about just reverting to your old policy of
blocking attachments entirely?  I don't like attachments to mailing list on
principle, and I get a message from our e-mail admins every time someone
sends a zip attachment, since they're blocked here.

Gary, I'm copying you directly since my messages to the list seem to take
hours to show up.