[OS X TeX] General Font Question

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 13 17:51:34 CET 2010

Am 13.03.2010 um 16:09 schrieb Manuel:

>> Then make it a TeX font and you're done!
>>

> Er... I hesitate to ask, but... how do I do this?

Extract the LWFN resource from the file's resource fork, convert it to
a real PostScript font file, get from it (or the LWFN resource) an AFM
file, create PL and VPL files from it, create TFM and VF files from
them, use fontinst to create FD files and MAP file fragments.

I'd use Venturis ADF (or a look-alike).

AFM: Adobe Font Metrics
PL:  (TeX font) Properties List
VPL: Virtual (TeX font) Properties List
TFM: TeX Font Metrics
VF:  Virtual Font
FD:  Font Definition
MAP: a mapping from a TeX font name to the PostScript or TrueType font
name, its file name, and the PS font's encoding

Possible programmes used:

afm2pl
afm2tfm
fondu
fontinst
getafm
pltotf
(t1dotlessj and more from Eddie Kohler)
t1unmac
vptovf

All steps "documented" by Google. Could be done 'til end of Easter.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Mit Jazz statt Bomben gegen die Taliban!