[OS X TeX] General Font Question

Manuel libros at limay.de
Sat Mar 13 13:24:04 CET 2010

Am 13/03/2010 um 12:39 schrieb Franck Pastor:

>> but since it is obviously a font, I'm afraid I don't understand
>> your question.
>>

> Sorry, I meant: where do they come from? I haven't got them in my
> installation (10.5.8) … Are they installed by Word 2008?

"Provence" is a free font I downloaded first when using system 7,
i.e. long ago. I can't find the author's name. I'm working with 10.4.11.

> And what's the exact name of the file containing these fonts? For
> example, for Zapfino, it is the file "Zapfino.dfont".

Let' see if I get this right: in the font list there is "Provence",
defined as a "Font Suitcase", with the acronym "FFIL" on the icon.
Then there are:

ProveFCGra
ProveFCGraObl
ProveFCObl
ProveFCReg,

all of them with the acronym "LWFN" and the description
"PostScriptType 1 outline font", originated in november 1995.

Am 13/03/2010 um 12:41 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> In Font Book you can locate this font and then display information
> about it by pressing ⌘-I. What are the names of this font? Can you
> use it by any of these names in XeTeX? What type is the font? Can
> it be embedded?

When I open Font Book I find a collection of scripts (I assume that's
what the suffix "scpt" means) which I don't know how to use. However,
if I spotlight "Zapfino" it finds "Zapfino.dfont" whereas if I
spotlight "Provence" it lists it only as "Provence" with no suffix.

Manuel