[OS X TeX] list of abreviatures in alfabetical order

Sr Sur igaoss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 11:02:00 CET 2010

hi everybody!!,

I must to do a list of abreviatures ({description}) and I looked for a way
to automatically order the list alphabetically... I didn´t find anything..
Is there any way to order a list of items?? or.. Is there any package to
perform this kind of lists (abreviatures, list of chemical reactives...)??

In other hand, if I use the {description} environment the item explanation
is just behind of the item... so perhaps for these kind of lists it is
better to align the explanation to avoid "wave-form-text" like:

*\item*  Description
*\itemlarger*  Description
*\item * Description

Aligned explanation:

*\item*           Description
*\itemlarger*  Description
*\item *          Description

Is there any way to align in the description environment??. I can use a
tabular or related environment to do this but  to make a multipage
table...... some times is problematic...

Thanks for your attention!!!

Salut i força al canut.
--
Atte: Sr. Sur