[OS X TeX] Using eps files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Mar 9 15:32:53 CET 2010

On Mar 9, 2010, at 8:20 AM, <facenda at us.es> wrote:

> Hi again,
> I had selected mactex 2009 64 bit in the notebook, and I get the error.
> If I select to compile without 64 bit, I don't get the error.
> So the problem is the 64 bit option.
> How can I fix that?
> Thanks for your time,
> José A. Facenda

Howdy,

I'm guessing that you installed the 64 bit package quite a while ago. I think there were some symbolic links missing so the epstopdf program (as opposed to the epstopdf package [epstopdf.sty]), which is a symbolic link to a perl script, isn't there. I don't know if a more recent version of the 64bit installation fixes that or not. You might try downloading and re-installing the 64bit package; you can get it at <http://www.tug.org/mactex/2009/64bit.html>.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)