[OS X TeX] text style and key bindings

Reich Ingo ireich at online.de
Thu Mar 4 09:43:13 CET 2010

Hi,

I've got a little, but annoying problem: I used to bind "Makros > Text Styles > style > Italic" (i.e.  \textit{#SEL##INS#}) to the key combination alt+cmd+i . Since TexShop, version 2.31, however, this doesn't work properly anymore. The problem seems  to be that in the help menu, the help for packages entry is bound to the same key combination and thus blocks the binding of \textit{} in the macro menu. (When I open the Macro Editor, the key combination alt+cmd+i is still bound to \textit{}.)

I tried to unbind the help for packages entry by adding the following code to the KeyEquivalents.plist (I tried both, 10 and 11, for the help for packages entry) -- with no success:

<dict>
	<key>9</key>
	<dict>
		<key>11</key>