[OS X TeX] Hilbert transform symbol

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 3 22:52:22 CET 2010

On Mar 3, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Theo Moore wrote:

> I'd like to produce a calligraphic H with the same lines as the one
> using the mathrsfs package...
>
> \usepackage{mathrsfs}
> $\mathscr{H}$
>
> Unfortunately, the H using that font is way too slanted. This is a
> similar problem to the one talked about here:
>
> http://www.tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2002-April/002959.html
>
> Is there a way to get the same (calligraphic) lines in my H, but to
> keep it upright? I've seen them done in publications, so there must be
> a way!

You could check out

http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/symbols/math/scriptfonts.pdf

for some other possibilities. Note that the URW clone of Zapf Chancery is provided as part of TeXLive 2009. Its Berry family name is uzc, so if you insert

\DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathuzc}{OT1}{uzc}{m}{it}

in your preamble, then

${\mathuzc H}$

produces a Zapf Chancery script H.

Michael