[OS X TeX] STIX project

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 30 15:55:29 CEST 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 12:54 AM, George Gratzer wrote:

> The STIX fonts project has a Web site:
>
> http://www.stixfonts.org/
>
> and a timeline:
>
> Version 1.1, which will include fonts packaged for use with Microsoft Office applications, is scheduled for release by the end of 2010. Version 1.2, which will include Type 1 fonts for use with LaTeX, will follow in 2011.
>
> GG

Howdy,

The STIX project has never met a deadline by a long shot in many years. However thare are alrady folks working on STIX support in xetex and luatex woth the otf fonts. The problem is that while the glyphs are there most of the support tables (kearning, ligatures, etc.) are not ther or pretty crude. ... I think I've got that right.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)