[OS X TeX] TeXnicle

Josep Maria Font jmfont at ub.edu
Thu Jun 24 22:05:56 CEST 2010

El 24/06/2010, a las 08:33, Alan T Litchfield escribió:

> On 24/06/2010, at 6:26 PM, George Gratzer wrote:
>>
>> May I suggest that multi file projects may no longer be needed due to the speed of typesetting.
>>
>> I have just finished a book of over 600 pages, with over 120 illustrations. It was split up into chapters, as traditional. Then I merged it all. This book takes about 3 seconds to typeset on my iMac.
>
> It's not so much the size of the book but the management of content, at least that's why I chop up large projects.

I agree. Working with \included smaller, chapter-based files means, for instance, that the resulting PDFs during production work will be smaller, so navigating through them will be easier. But, what if you suddenly realize that some spelling has to be corrected in all the chapter files ? Does TeXworks do this ? Of course, there are other text editors (BBEdit, Emacs, etc.) that will do this, but it would be nice to be able to cope with these and similar issues without leaving one's TeX editor of choice.

JMaF