[OS X TeX] lost local fonts on switch to TexLive 2009

Kyle Johnson kbj at linguist.umass.edu
Mon Jun 21 04:18:33 CEST 2010

I have two fonts -- MinionPro and Syntax --  installed in
usr/local/texlive/texmf-local that (with the generous help of Peter
Dyballa and other members of this list) have worked fine for me on
TexLive 2008. When TexLive 2009 became available, I installed it and
promptly lost access to those fonts (though everything else works). So
I've happily been using TexLive 2008, until I had the time to find out
what's gone wrong with TexLive 2009.

I now have that time. Does anyone have hints about where I might begin
looking?

Thanks,
Kyle