[OS X TeX] TeXShop: Ignore file settings in engine

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Jun 17 15:33:46 CEST 2010

On 17.06.2010, at 15:07, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2010, at 5:44 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> TeXShop allows you to define what engine is used for typesetting with the %!TEX TS setting at the top of the file. OTOH TeXShop ignores this setting when bibtex or makeindex is called with the Typeset button. This, of course, makes perfect sense since you obviously want to use bibtex or makeindex and not a tex engine when you select one of those. My question: can you also do this with self created engines? I use a biber engine where I'd love if it ignored the %!TEX TS setting.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Simon
>>

> Howdy,
>
> I have no answer for you but I have spoken with John Collins (maintainer of latexmk) about supporting biber in latexmk. The main problem seems to be that biber's output is quite a bit different from bibtex's log and it seems to be in great flux at this time. I'm pretty sure he has gotten in contact with the biber developers.

Thanks, support for biber would certainly be nice. Although I'm not sure that latexmk will ever work for my, since I not only use biber, but also xindy with my own .xdy files and I doubt that latexmk will ever be able to handle this setup.

Thanks anyway

Simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Selbst in der Sphäre der Makkaroni, Zwetschgen und Kaffeebohnen gibt es umwälzende Ideen und siegreichen Durchbruch des Jungen.“ Gottlieb Duttweiler