[OS X TeX] Problem with \textsc{}

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Jun 14 12:47:14 CEST 2010

On  14 Jun, 2010, at 04:33, Sr Sur wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a problem witth \textsc. If I use this command in a section text, it appears as a normal text, but in the table of contents appears as with the correct Versalitas tipography.... Any idea that how can I fix the problem with the section text??

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\newcommand{\versalitas}{\usefont{T1}{cmr}{m}{sc}}%
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents
\chapter{The first}
\section{First section with \versalitas{versalitas}}
\end{document}

The command

\newcommand{\versalitas}{\usefont{T1}{cmr}{m}{sc}}

is for Computer Modern (cmr); if you're using other family, you have to change that. But beware ---the small caps are in medium weight: they might look weird with a section title in bold.

Best,

Axel