[OS X TeX] TeXShop spell checking for commands

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 12 19:50:52 CEST 2010

On Jun 12, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Christian Pleul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using the latest TeXShop shows me all commands with a red dotted underline. Is there way to say that TeXShop should not check the commands?
>

> Thanks
> --
> 	Christian

Howdy,

I assume you are using Apple's spell checker and also have Edit->Check Spelling As You Type checked. You can install the CocoAspell package and set that up as your spell checker of choice since it understands (La)TeX commands or turn off Check Spelling As You Type (I do both). If you wish to turn off Check Spell As You Type you can also uncheck TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Editor->Check Spelling which turns it off by default; you can turn it on for individual documents via the menu item mentioned above.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)