[OS X TeX] hebrew?

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Fri Jun 11 15:16:20 CEST 2010

Hi.

On Jun 10, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Art Werschulz wrote:

> I have a *very* small amount of Hebrew that I would like to include in a book.  I will be working on both a Mac and a Linux system (installed from TeXLive 2008).  The latter suggests that I may not be able to do anything that involves (say) Macintosh Hebrew fonts.
>
> What's the easiest way of doing this?

It's a little odd to reply to your own msg, but anyway ...

On the Linux side, I dug up Joel Hoffman's hletter1.tex, which I used a long time ago, along with the the MetaFont source for the Hebrew fonts (hclassic, hcaption) it used.  It seems to work okay on the Linux side.

There's a problem on the Mac side.  The good news is that his hclassic and hcaption fonts are available as part of ArabTex.  However, hclassic-4.pfb, which may be found at
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/arabtex,
is missing a bunch of glyphs.  THe only thing I'm finding are some punctuation marks, some niqqudot (vowels), 'ayin, and an aleph-lamed combination.

Where can I find a complete hclassic.pfb?

Thanks.

Art Werschulz
207 Stoughton Avenue, Cranford  NJ 07016-2838
(908) 272-1146