[OS X TeX] Dictionary file... where are you?

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 22:17:55 CEST 2010

On Jun 6, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Sr Sur wrote:

> So,
>
> If you use Aspell instead of default dictionary I asume that is better as a spelling corrector, isn't it?
>
> bests

I use Aspell but it frustrates me because (a) It seems ignorant of many standard English words (for example, autocorrelation); (b) it often fails to recognize inverted-letter typos like "betetr" (the word "better" is NOT among the suggested corrections, but "tetra" and "bidet" are); and (c) it usually offers too many suggestions that finding the one that matches is a pain. To answer your question therefore, I don't think it's a better spell checker. However, it does recognize latex commands and makes latex files very clean to read. For this convenience I tolerate its inadequacies.

Themis