[OS X TeX] Package version on CTAN is newer than what is seen by TeX Live Utility

Jeremy Conlin jlconlin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 16:44:51 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2010, at 8:49 AM, Jeremy Conlin wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Yan Zhou <zhouyan1014 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Tl has to pack the package before it can be updated with tlmgr. Usually it takes one night for a package to be updated in the tl archieve after its update in ctan
>>
>> The bibleref package was last updated to version 1.12 on May 11; the
>> version I have is 1.11.  It's been almost a month, is it being
>> forgotten?
>>
>> Jeremy
>
> Howdy,
>
> As Adam Maxwell said, TL2009 9and earlier of course) is frozen and no longer being updated so you will have to update manually.

What is the best way to update manually?  I'm afraid of messing up the
well organized structure of the TL, by putting the updated files in
the wrong location, or by neglecting something important.  I know I
can put the update in ~/Library/texmf, but then I have to delete it
when TL2010 comes along.

Suggestions?

Jeremy