[OS X TeX] TLU broke my symlink

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Jun 7 01:31:13 CEST 2010

On Jun 6, 2010, at 15:26 , Herbert Schulz wrote:
> On Jun 6, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

[snip]
> Although this shouldn't have anything to do with what you are
> seeing. You say you are using TL-2010. That is still in pretest so
> you are using the MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010 pretest or did you install
> TL directly from the repository? If the latter the database used by
> the TeX Distribution Preference Pane wasn't updated.
>
> The path in that bad symlink (7 levels of ..) is very strange. Also,
> the date of that bad link is really strange too! Could you have a
> symlink 7 levels above root level that somehow got copied to /usr/
> texbin? Stranger and stranger!

I downloaded and installed from MacTeX (5/24, plus the 64-bit apps).
I have been using it since then, and have updated via TLU every 2-3
days.  All has been going well until about 6/4, when this funky stuff
from /opt busted in.

As I said, every time I update, I do a quick compile or two with
TeXShop, and have had no problems `til then.

Thanks for giving this some thought.  I'm stumped.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
--------