[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop Feature Request

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 16:53:38 CEST 2010

On Jun 6, 2010, at 10:39 AM, <cfrees at imapmail.org>
<cfrees at imapmail.org> wrote:

> Why not try one of the online services in that case and avoid the need
> to install anything? (Note that I haven't used these, so there may
> well
> be a quite exhaustive answer to this question. :)
>
> e.g. I found some reviews at
> http://www.danielstender.com/granthinam/1995/

Thanks, but, from the above:

"In contrast, it seems that full online compiling of complete LaTeX
documents is still in its infancy even if I am not yet investigated
the matter any closer so far. It would be ideal if the maintainers of
the standard distributions like TeX Live would run web based
generators on their sites through CGI scripts, and it seems that
something like this soon could be really available. Definitely online
LaTeXing is a thing to watch."

Still, I had not even realized it might be possible and it would
indeed be absolutely the best way to go: These people who want just
to compile a homework a couple of times a week etc could do it that
way without fearing to sink into a LaTeX quagmire.

So, now I going to watch for it.

Grateful regards
--schremmer