[OS X TeX] Dictionary file... where are you?

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sun Jun 6 15:45:35 CEST 2010

On Sun 6th Jun, 2010 at 15:12, Sr Sur seems to have written:

> I don't know exactly which dictionary I'm using!, couse at the begining used
> Lyx and I Installed cocoAspell...
>
> Any way.. Thanks!!!
>
> saludos.
>
> On 6 June 2010 14:25, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 6, 2010, at 4:41 AM, Sr Sur wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everybody!!
>>>
>>> I'm looking for the personal dictionary files of texshop, but I can't
>> find
>>> them.... where are them located?.
>>>
>>> I supose that if I want to use a dictionary in other machine, I just must
>>> drop the file in the new machine.
>>>
>>> Thanks!!
>>> Bests
>>> --
>>> Atte: Sr. Sur
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> TeXShop uses the system's dictionary by default and I'm not sure where the
>> personal dictionary is kept. If you are using CocoAspell I think those
>> dictionaries are in ~/Library/Spelling/.

I believe this is simply the Apple default for the personal dictionary
whether you use CocoAspell or Apple's own setup. At least, I have
dictionaries here which reflect both my current usage of CocoAspell and
past use of the default service.

- cfr