[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.34

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 4 15:48:04 CEST 2010

On Jun 4, 2010, at 8:37 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 4, 2010, at 7:40 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

>>> lualatex  has been a legitimate terminal command from at least TL2009
>>> and I have run it instead of pdflatex over my monster size book to
>>> find a difference: few extra pages even with microtype loaded
>>>

>> I believe that LuaTeX folks have always claimed that they will NOT guarantee that LuaTeX passes the trip test.
>>
>> If the internal microtype support in LuaTeX written in Lua I'd guess it's behavior would be a bit different than the version built into pdftex.
>>

> Over years LuaTeX folks and PDF folks and very well respected experts
> produced a number of contradictory calls which is by no means
> surprising. At least few months ago I found that from many packages
> that I used only microtype had not worked with lualatex but then
> microtype was updated and  began to work with lualatex
>
> Victor

Howdy,

The microtype that came with TL2009 had all the LuaTeX stuff turned off by default. You actually had to go into the dtx file, change the value of a variable and then regenerate the sty file to activate the LuaTeX version of the commands. I guess that has changed in TL2010 pretest. Of course, other things in microtype may have changed too.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)