[OS X TeX] Collaps/Hide a block of texts in TeXShop?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 21:18:55 CEST 2010

On Jul 27, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> Herb,
>
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Herbert Schulz
> <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> As far as I know TeXshop can't hide text or do folding of any
>> sort. However, why not place that tikz code in another file and
>> simply \input that file. That way all you have in the main file is
>> the \input statement.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply. That is a solution; however, since for my
> case I wrapped the text around the figures, I also frequently adjusted
> the spacing between the figure and the text to optimize the
> visualization. By including the code from a separate file, there is
> one more window to manage ... I don't use hotkeys so the windows
> switching is always something cumbersome for me ... I wish these codes
> could be collapsed and opened by clicking on the line number of the
> first line, say.

I am not sure I understand what the difficulty is: I do what Schulz
suggested very systematically and I don't use hotkey either and it is
really very handy. In fact and on principle alone, I segregate any
non-LaTeX code. That way, you always know what you are dealing with.

On the other hand, it would be great if TeXShop could fold sections.

Regards
--schremmer