[OS X TeX] Invisible text in an included pdf

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sun Jul 25 02:13:42 CEST 2010

I made a small pdf with unusual fonts (kpi021, kpi025) using TeXShop. There was no problem viewing the original pdf fragment in any pdf viewer I tried. However, when I input the pdf fragment to another document using \includegraphics, the unusual fonts were not visible in the resulting document using the TeXShop preview window or Preview or Skim. They were visible though in Adobe Acrobat. Can anyone suggest what might be happening? The problem fragment is attached.

Michael