[OS X TeX] TeXShop now without Reference List Window from BibDesk

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jul 13 19:28:53 CEST 2010

On Jul 13, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> I updated TeXShop in the middle of writing a proposal (would never do
> that again), now when I press "option+esc", TeXShop does not show the
> reference list window from BibDesk. I have looked at a couple of times
> the preference panel but could not find where to enable this feature.
> I figure it must have something to do with my TeXShop update so I am
> posting here. Could someone give my head a pound to wake me up?
>
> Thanks.
>
> JT

Howdy,

In TeXShop 2.36 Opt-Esc is now an additional shortcut assigned to Command Completion's Next Mark Menu Item when the Command Completion (CC) Expansion Trigger is Esc. However F5 still works.

Optionally you can either make the CC Expansion Trigger Tab in Preferences->Source or turn off the additional shortcuts completely (the regularly assigned shortcuts shown in the menu system still work) by executing

defaults write TeXShop CommandCompletionAlternateMarkShortcut NO

in Terminal while TeXShop isn't running. I'm used to the Ctl-Cmd-F so I've done that and then Opt-Esc behaves the same as F5.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)