[OS X TeX] epstopdf glitch

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jul 13 01:18:27 CEST 2010

On Jul 12, 2010, at 6:04 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> Making sure I understand the above, since I'm not sure what you mean by an "updated ...pretest".  I have been updating via TLU all along, and the latest update was shortly before I started this thread.  I have not downloaded and installed any recent mactex tarballs.  With that, the 10.6 installation presented me with the failure that prompted all this, and I "fixed" the problem by switching to "Tex+DVI" on 10.6.
>
> Is there still an issue?
>
> Thanks for your help (and clarifying some things along the way).
>
> Justin

Howdy,

That should be ok. that's what I've done.

Could you provide a minimal but compilable sample file (and eps to include) that shows this behavior. Depending upon what you are doing there might be a problem with restricted shell escape which is one of the things I've been testing.

Let me know what you get when you run

kpsewhich epstopdf-sys.cfg

and

kpsewhich epstopdf.cfg

as well as let me know what you get when you run

cat /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/epstopdf-sys.cfg

(that's one long path there) to see the contents of that file.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)